Links of interest to Tecmag users
NMRScript (i.e. VB & VBScript) Resources: Visual Basic is the ‘officially supported’ automation language for NTNMR. The following links point to various resources for VB and VBScript:
Windows & Dell: Microsoft Windows-related and Dell Computer links:
User Sites: User sites of general interest:
- Integrated Special Data Base System for Organic Compounds (SDBS) at the Agency of Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) in Japan.
- NMR Knowledge Base. Site full of NMR related information
- The official ENC Web Site
- The ISMRM website and list of MRI/NMR related links.
Useful Software Downloads: The following links point to third party software packages that Tecmag users my find useful. Tecmag does not endorse or recommend any of the following software packages. Tecmag had not tested and does not guarantee the compatibility or functionality of any of the software mentioned below.
- ChemSketch from ACD Labs. ChemSketch is a freeware package for chemical structure drawing offered by ACD labs. The package even allows chemical structures to be displayed as 3D models.
- Other free software from ACD labs.
- Dm fit and Edit NMR from Dominique Massiot, Catherine Bessada and coworkers at CRMHT-Orleans France. Dmfit enables fitting of solid state (and liquid) NMR spectra, including 1D and 2D datasets. EditNMR is a file Viewer for NMR files.
- ImageJ from NIH. ImageJ is an Image processing and analysis program that is written in Java. ImageJ is available free from NIH and supports Windows, Macintosh, Linux and Unix operating systems.
- Download Tecmag Reader plug-in for ImageJ – The reader allows NTNMR files to be opened in Image J. Submitted by Igor Sersa of Jozef Stefan Institute, Ljubjana, Slovenia.
- SIMPSON – A general Simulation Program for Solid-State NMR.
- Skype – A useful communication tool when a telephone is not located within easy reach of your Tecmag system, and when cellular service is not always available or reliable, especially in your basement laboratory. You will need a headset and an internet-connected PC. Please contact Tecmag’s support staff for the appropriate Skype address.
- Spin Works – SpinWorks offers basic 1D and 2D NMR data processing on personal computers. SpinWorks other function is the simulation and iterative analysis of complex second order spectra including dynamic NMR problems.
- TeamViewer – TeamViewer allows remote control, desktop sharing, and file transfer behind any firewall and NAT proxy. To connect to another computer just run TeamViewer and report the partner ID and password to the other user. Enter your partner’s ID and password into TeamViewer and the connection is established immediately. This is the software package that Tecmag uses for remote control and remote diagnostics of user systems.
- UltraVNC – UltraVNC (Virtual Network Computing) is a remote control & display system originally developed by ORL (The Olivetti & Oracle Research Lab) that allows you to view a computing ‘desktop’ environment from anywhere on the Internet. The UltraVNC version of VNC also offers remote file transfer.
Reference Items: Useful reference material available for download or online viewing.